An unofficial blog that watches Google's attempts to move your operating system online since 2005. Not affiliated with Google.

Send your tips to

October 9, 2007

Six New Cities Added to Google Street View

Google continues to add street-view imagery for 6 new US cities, even after Immersive Media announced it will terminate the content license agreement at the end of the year. The new cities are: Chicago, Phoenix, Tucson, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and Portland (the first three cities have high-resolution images). Google Street View now covers 15 cities in the US.

"Ever wish you could pan up to the very top of a 50-story skyscraper using Street View? Well, prepare yourself for some serious sightseeing; we've introduced the ability to pan up in most new cities," announces the LatLong blog. A good example is the Sears Tower, the tallest building in the United States.


  1. I knew I saw one of their vans when I was driving home! Found my car as soon as I heard they posted Tucson Here

  2. They were in Worcester, MA last week. A white, four door (I believe) Saturn, CA plates, magnetic sign saying Google and a two foot, orange/pinkish stick with cameras on top. An elderly couple were driving and didn't appreciate the quick sign I made and held on the roof of my car. =)