* hire great people
* hire for the company, not for the job
* ask "why not?" instead of "why?"
* use data, not opinions
* put users first, money last
* share company information with employees
* build a culture that lasts
* give a license to dream (Google's 20% time - the permission from the company
to do things that are outside the normal scope of what you are doing)
* ask for forgiveness, not for permission (Google Books started as a service for scanning catalogs and Google didn't ask for permission to scan them).