* our mail account would still have 2MB or 4MB of storage and we would be happy about that.
* we would find a mail by manually reviewing each subject and sender.
* we would pay for software like Picasa, Keyhole (now Google Earth), Sketchup.
* many startups would not exist without Google AdSense, so there would be less innovation.
* Opera would still be shareware and ad-supported.
* our homepage would be a portal, or about:blank.
* our search engines would be cluttered, would mix ads with organic results and wouldn't care about the users.
* we wouldn't look for a search bar in every site.
* we would think beta software is just for the testers and it's dangerous.
* technology news would be less exciting.
Google and Apple Adjust Strategies on Mobile Payments
4 minutes ago