An unofficial blog that watches Google's attempts to move your operating system online since 2005. Not affiliated with Google.

Send your tips to gostips@gmail.com.

April 10, 2008

Create YouTube Playlists Dynamically

YouTube Fast Search is a cool web application that uses YouTube's API to create a way to both play videos and search for new videos at the same time. You can build a playlist from search results and add new videos to the playlist without interrupting it. The interface is similar to the one from MSN Video, but you can also edit the playlist and enlarge the video. Too bad that there's no option to save the playlist to your YouTube account or to import an existing playlist.


YouTube has the option to add videos from search results to a Quicklist and then play all the videos from the list, but you need to switch from the view mode to the search mode.

{ via Google Code }

11 comments:

  1. I coded something similiar:
    www.tubesearch.de

    But I still have some problems with IE, 'cause I'm developing under Linux and so IE-Debugging is pretty difficult. But everything is fine with Firefox.

    Maybe someone can give me a hint, what is wrong with IE and I can fix my script so that it is accessable as well for IE-Users!

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting.. i saw this website that does something similar but its smoother

    www.pl4y.us.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. watch the best one of this kind:

    ckuik.com/anything you like

    after the slash you just write your search term and it creates a continuous TV show with the results, with full screen, always on top tiny window and meta details.

    ckuik.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, regarding look&feel I prefer http://www.tubesearch.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen another site that I quite like, because you can collect vids and play them, or play any youtube playlist. It's called wowyt.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. But I still have some problems with IE, 'cause I'm developing under Linux and so IE-Debugging is pretty difficult. But everything is fine with Firefox.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. after the slash you just write your search term and it creates a continuous TV show with the results, with full screen, always on top tiny window and meta details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Embedr.com calls it a "Smart Playlist" and let's you build it based on keywords, YouTube ID and specifics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey guys,
    some students created that useful application:
    http://en.YouTube-Playlist.eu

    There you can listen to music the whole day, of course for free.

    bye ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to share my You Tube favorites and playlists with others..How do I do this?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes looking the same - I want only export ALL of my YT Playlists to one Text List - How can Do This?

    Thanks for any Clue ! :)

    Wolfgang

    ReplyDelete