Times Online has a well-written story about Google opening up the secrets of its search to the world. As Google's mission of organizing the world's information and making it universally accessible and useful is far from being completed, here are some interesting numbers about its progress:
* Google uses more than 300 factors to rank websites (the most important is PageRank).
* Up to 20 per cent of the online content changes every month.
* 10 per cent of the world's information is currently online.
* Putting the world's information online could take as long as 300 years, according to a recent estimate given by Eric Schmidt.
* 70 per cent of Google engineers are working on search-related problems.
* A lot of Googlers work on automatic translation tools.
The 5 Worst Things About The Galaxy S7 and S7 edge
39 minutes ago