What can Google do to make everyone talk about Google? It can launch a product, have a press release, hire someone famous, or do something much simpler, that will guarantee one or two days of blog discussions, Digg comments and Slashdot declamatory opinions:
1. Create a new entry in robots.txt. Garrett Rogers will notice that.
2. Post a blog entry and remove it in a couple of minutes. Some Bloglines users will notice it and spread the word.
3. Buy a new domain, something like googletravel.com. I can see the blog titles: "Google Travel - Sky is the Limit".
4. Add a comment in Google Video's code about global warming. There's always someone checking the latest version of the code.
5. Change the arrows from the navigation of Google search.
6. Push a new design for a small number of users.
7. Put a strange link at the bottom of Google News. The link will go to a secret Google project.
8. Let Google's Eric Case create a new blog on BlogSpot: googlemusic.blogspot.com and link it from his profile.
9. Change the font of the top message from Google Cache.
10. Remove the beta label from a product like Google Toolbar 4.
Why Google isn't growing - Times of India
4 hours ago