Google announced a new "MentalPlex" search technology that supposedly read the user's mind to determine what the user wanted to search for, thus eliminating the step of actually typing in the search query. Of its origins, Google comments that "As with the Internet itself, MentalPlex began as a highly classified Dept. of Defense initiative under the direction of Al Gore." In the FAQ, Google co-founder Larry Page said that "typing in queries is so 1999."
Google MentalPlex gives some funny error messages:
* Error 01: Brainwaves received in analog. Please re-think in digital.
* Error 005: Searching on this topic is prohibited under international law.
* Error 008: Interference detected. Remove aluminum foil and remote control devices.
* Error 8P: Unclear on whether your search is about money or monkeys. Please try again.
* Error 666: Multiple transmitters detected. Silence voices in your head and try again.
* Error: MentalPlex(tm) has determined that this is not your final answer. Please try again.
More Google April Fool's Day:
Google April Fool's Day 2002: PigeonRank
Google April Fool's Day 2004: Lunar Jobs
Google April Fool's Day 2005: Google Gulp
Google April Fool's Day 2006 - Take A Guess
Samsung Galaxy Note7 Review: A great (very expensive) phone
34 minutes ago