Google launched a new version of Google Earth that includes some interesting features:
* Support for "textured" 3D buildings using models created with SketchUp, so that the images look more realistic.
* An updated KML format that allows sharing of partial information.
* Google Earth in French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
* Full screen mode now allows searching (press "/" to search).
* Now Google Earth is an universal binary, so it runs natively on both PowerPC- and x86 (Intel)-based Macintosh computer.
* There's a Linux version (available to download here as a bin file).
* Google Earth's index of high-resolution imagery has been increased by four times. One third of the world's population will have sub-meter high-resolution imagery.
* Google Maps API was also updated: you can now geocode addresses and use KML files in Google Maps to share geographic information. There's also Google Maps for Enterprise, that includes enterprise quality support and the ability to integrate maps into intranet applications.
More quick links
11 hours ago