An unofficial blog that watches Google's attempts to move your operating system online since 2005. Not affiliated with Google.

Send your tips to gostips@gmail.com.

May 6, 2009

Googleplex in 200 Seconds

The video below shows some interesting facts about Googleplex, Google's headquarters from Mountain View. Googleplex is a vivid mix of technology, fun activities, healthy food, eco-friendly materials and college campus atmosphere.


Wikipedia's article has a detailed description of the Plex.

"The four core buildings, totaling (47,038 m²), were built for and originally occupied by Silicon Graphics (SGI). (...) Since the buildings are of relatively low height, the complex covers a large area. The interior of the headquarters is furnished with items like shade lamps and giant rubber balls. The lobby contains a piano and a projection of current live Google search queries. The facilities include a gym (Building 40), free laundry rooms (Buildings 40 and 42), two small swimming pools, a sand volleyball court, and eleven cafeterias of diverse selection. Google has also installed replicas of SpaceShipOne and a dinosaur skeleton. In late 2006 and early 2007 the company installed a series of solar panels, capable of producing 1.6 megawatts of electricity. At the time, it was believed to be the largest corporate installation in the United States."

{ via Blogoscoped Forum }

10 comments:

  1. Hoshit, just when Google was getting more & more criticized for acting more "corporate" than it used to. Well that's a big relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! HIRE ME!

    Falls on knees and holds up a ring.

    Please...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comic Sans :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Comic Sans, did you hear the music, and the guy slipping on the banana, it's a fitting and correctly used typeface if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have nothing to add except my envy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is not that 'complex'

    ReplyDelete
  7. When i graduate the first place im going to will be google

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hire me! Please! I use my gmail account everyday and I have ideas for the designs for the word Google on special occasions when the word google changes into a picture hire meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  9. well, methinks i want to work for google

    REALLY BAD!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, thanks for the inside scope on the Inside of the Googleplex! Iv been looking at what they do here at my favorit search engines headquarters, and when I get older I hope I get a chance to work here. I really want to see what new things I can do to improve todays lifestyle and how we get information. Now I know when I get to College I will want to get a PHD in Technology.
    -Richard 13, TX

    ReplyDelete